Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 5, No Riding Day! Bus Tour to San Antonio

July 6th was of day a rest. We didn't have to get up to ride hundreds of miles, so we were able to have breakfast, socialize and enjoy the day.

We spent a lot of time welcoming folks in the lobby. I was hoping the Atlantic Canada girls would arrive before I left on the bus tour at 3,  but Elizabeth sent me a message that they were riding the famous 3 Twisted Sisters, routes 335, 336 and 337, so they wouldn't be arriving until later.

The bus tour was scheduled to leave at 3, but I think it was closer to 4 before we were boarded and on the road.  The ride from Kerrville to San Antonio is about 63 miles, so an hour or so. We rode in 3 buses to San Antonio. First stop was the Alamo. I didn't get much American History in school because I went to school in Canada, and I didn't realize how much I didn't know. We went in as a group, took a few photos, then I was off to explore the historical stations. I found it fascinating, so I'm going to post my Alamo photos in a separate post. All of the period pieces and write-ups painted a great picture and you could "almost" imagine what that time was like, almost.
The Alamo




When I came out of the Alamo, all of my fellow Motor Maids were gone! No worries, I had my boat tour ticket and knew how to get to the River Walk, just go down the steps on almost every downtown street! I wandered around, hopped on a river boat, thoroughly enjoyed my tour. Took lots of photos and learned a lot.

I had a great time walking around photographing San Antonio. I took a lot of photos, so like the Alamo I'm going to create a separate post for those.
Me in San Antonio, TX.
Made it back to the bus in plenty of time, our time back was set for 9:15, with a departure time of 9:30. I got back at 9:08 only to discover all 3 buses were full, I was the only one left to board. So much for the 9:15 time frame! Guess they didn't find everything quite as interesting as I did. Didn't matter anyway, the buses didn't pull out until 9:30 as previously agreed. 

I had asked Tricia to keep an eye open for my Atlantic Canada girls and she sent me this photo when they arrived. 

The open mouth look is Elizabeth making fun of me! Ha ha ladies, ha ha.




No comments:

Post a Comment