Monday, July 21, 2014

Fun "Facts"

It might be fun, it might be a fact, it might not be either, but it's my blog so if I want to include it, I will. LOL

MAPS
It's a fact that Janet is smart, and practical. She over packed her bike, but not with maps! She tears off only the section of each state she's travelling in and after she has traveled through a section, she throws it away. I have no idea how she's going to get back home mapless, oh wait a minute, she's following me!
Mangled maps!

Alabama.


At the 1st, and incorrect Hilton we stopped at in New Orleans, on day 2, the girl at the front desk gave me a map to the correct Hilton. She was so cute, she said, "Do you want to keep this map? Me, I love maps. I'm like Dora the Explorer". That cracked me up. Fact, and fun!

How do you spell Mississippi? Janet spells it like this M, I, crooked letter, crooked letter, I, humpback, humpback, I. Janet teaches me lots of new words and other interesting things.

WHERE YOU GOING, WHERE YOU BEEN?
Once we got into Texas and the Louisiana plates disappeared because we weren't near the border, Tricia noticed we were seeing absolutely NO out of state plates. Not the occasional one, NONE. Every license plate was from Texas. How odd. At a gas station on day 3, we saw a Florida plate! Yay! Tricia was talking to the lady, and this man in a truck said "Yes Ma'am, we don't have many people come to Texas, people leave Texas to go visit other places. Not much here." LOL After that we saw a plate from North Carolina, and until we got to our convention in Kerrville, that was it for out of state plates. It's a fact, and ain't it funny?

WHAT IS THAT?
Janet lost her glove one day, couldn't find it anywhere. As she swung her head (in her helmet) around, there was her glove, stuck to her ponytail via velcro! If only my camera wasn't packed away. I think I should get a helmet-cam for moments like that!

Weirdly enough we didn't see much road kill. Didn't see any of those weird turkey vultures they have in Florida either. I saw a couple of "road killed" animals, but they just looked like a fur coat, no substance, just a layer of fur on the ground. How does that happen? I don't even want to know.

We did see a huge wild boar outside of Kerrville on Friday, July 11 on our way home. I hate to see the car that hit that.

On the way back, on 12, outside of Slidell, Louisiana, I saw a dead alligator, on the side of the road. I wonder if it was one of those mating ones that tried to sneak up on a stopped vehicle and got itself run over. YIKES.

WE PARTY HERE!
We stopped for gas in Louisiana and I went inside to get ice for my water bottle. I was surprised to see a fully stocked liquor cabinet. I asked the cashier, "You sell hard liquor in a gas station?" She replied, in a very southern accent, "We sure do, we know how to party in Louisiana and ain't nobody gonna tell us we can't!" Oh my.

STRAW HAIR!
I forgot to include hair conditioner and I never remembered it until I was in the shower. The 2-1 hair products don't work that great for me, so my hair felt like straw. Note to self, next time remember it! I also forgot to bring a disposable razor....I did live without it, but would have liked to packed one or remembered to pick one up!

FAVORITE TRAVELING ITEMS:
My favorite items on this trip were my mesh pants (with armor) and my cargo net. Wouldn't have wanted to travel without either of them.

FAVORITE APP:
My favorite app is one Tricia told me about, and that is My Radar. That's all it is, a radar app. It determines your current location, then shows you the current radar for that area. Very helpful when we were trying to outrun the rain, or hide from it under a bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment