Sunday, July 20, 2014

Day 9, Elections, Banquet, Awards, and Packing Up!

Another early 8 AM meeting and mad rush to the dining area for a quick breakfast.

This was an election convention, so there'd be no leaving the meeting room early. We did get to sit at round tables for a change, which was nice. You could write and it was more comfortable than the usual line of chairs. The election process seemed long, but in reality it went pretty quickly. We were done by noon. We had a new slate of officers. The process made me realize I don't think I'd like to run, too tough if you didn't win. We had some excellent candidates, and it was tough sometimes to know which one to vote for. The good thing about that is, if you had 2 in a run-off for a position, and they were both great, Motor Maids would win regardless of who got the office.

While the ballots were counted, members would make announcements. One announcement was there would be a wedding ceremony in the lobby at 3 PM! Sherry, from last Saturday night, who was anxiously awaiting the arrival of her fiancee, was having a Motor Maid wedding!

Angie Graves, Sherry & Keith, Glenda Harmon.
A Motor Maid wedding!

Sherry and Angie.
I had leftovers from Chili's Tuesday night for lunch, and spent some time by the pool chatting, and some time getting my stuff organized to be repacked for leaving in the morning.

I did go check the auction winning tickets to see if we won anything. I offered to check for Janet, and she said "Call me if you need help carrying my basket back". I went over and sure enough, Janet won the big basket she put a ticket in for. I had to lug it to her room and she couldn't believe she won it! Good for her.
Janet's winning ticket got her this! 

The loot she won!
The banquet and awards ceremony.

At the banquet.

Catherine, Elizabeth and Janet consipiring.

Awards Banquet.

Denise working hard.....
Elizabeth got longest distance traveled direct, Lynne second. I think Christine was actually the longest traveler, but Google Maps (that they use to determine distance) had her coming from Digby to Saint John, NB on the ferry, which she didn't do.
Elizabeth and Lynne presented with their long distance awards.
It was a great evening. I went over to meet with Janet and Tricia to see what plans we'd make for heading out in the AM. Tricia had to get her parcel down to the lobby for UPS, but she didn't have any packing tape. Kevin, from maintenance to her rescue again (she had to call him more than once on this trip, coincidence? Hmmmm I wonder....LOL). 

It was time to get everything ready to go back on/in the bike in the AM. We decided we'd meet for breakfast at 8 AM and have our bikes packed by then. Kerrville was awesome, but it was time to say good-bye. 

1 comment:

  1. Can you believe I am just now getting to read the rest of your blog? I had to go back into your FB page and find the website again. It has been a crazy busy time since we got home. I sent a lot of my winning loot in a package to Tricia's house and she is going to bring it to the post convention lunch Saturday so I will feel like it is all new again.

    ReplyDelete