Thursday, July 17, 2014

San Antonio Tour and the River Walk, Sunday July 6th, 2014

Below are some photos I took on my tour of San Antonio. What a great city. I loved the historical buildings, and the river boat tour guide talked about the German influence in the city. She said a German restaurant started the boat tours as a way to keep it's patrons busy while they waited for their tables to become available. San Antonio hosted the World Expo in 1968 and several buildings were erected just for that event, including a modular hotel!

San Antonio has street cars and horse and carriages! It's a wonderful place to visit.
Crockett Hotel in San Antonio

Crockett Hotel

Crockett Hotel


Glass sculpture, almost as big as a Christmas tree!

Waterfall at the River Walk

River boat ferry.

River Walk









Optical illusion - when you come under the bridge it looks like a one dimensional building front.


Tower of the America's, 2 feet taller than the Seattle Space Needle.










1 comment:

  1. Beautiful documentation of San Antonio Coleen. I am sure I made the right decision to not go because of all the walking. I chose to stay out by the pool.

    I ordered a pizza delivery from Domino’s. While waiting for it to be delivered outside in front of the lobby, two Motor Maids stopped and asked me if I was the greeter from TX. I told them I was not from TX but would be glad to greet them. I also told them I was waiting for a pizza and would be happy for them to join me at the pool and share when it came they opted to get their own pizza and join me at the pool. One of the ladies was the district director from KS/NE Brenda Glenn and another Motor Maid they did join me at the pool to eat pizza and share stories. It was a nice Sunday evening

    ReplyDelete